23 July 2019

Nikita Khrushchev apartments

I have fixed up the video not working problem. 

Our guide Julia was telling us today about Khrushchev's goal of making modern apartments available to as many Soviet families as possible and pointed out an apartment block as we drove past it.

Not sure how many windows in each apartment. I think she said living space is about 20 square metres for a 1 bedroom apartment.
Khrushchev apartments are a type of low-cost, cement-paneled or brick three- to five-storied apartment building which was developed in the USSR during the early 1960s, during the time its namesake Nikita Khrushchev directed the Soviet government.

No comments:

Day 26 - Tour day 15 – Sunday 28 July 2019 - From Moscow to Canberra

Sunrise:         4:26am (I added the actual flight times after I wrote my notes.) I don’t know what time I woke up this morning the f...