16 July 2019

Day 13 - Tour Day 2 - Monday 15 July 2019 - Warsaw.

Sunrise:         4:32am                                              Sunset:          8:50pm

Had both a busy & a relaxing day today. 
Nicole & I had arranged to meet at 9am to go to the shopping mall, that I visited yesterday. The shops were open today.  It is almost as big as the one in Krakow, just a different shape.
I bought the chemist items that I needed, then found a top ($17)  and a pair of jeans ($33) in H&M and a cardigan in Van Graaf for $50.  Nicole bought a nice dress for about $20. 
We returned to the hotel and dropped the purchases off and met again ½ an hour later to walk to The Old Town.  I wanted to get a photo of the Uprising Memorial.  I had a vague idea where it was but didn’t check online before heading out. 
We were about 3 minutes late for the midday changing of the guard at the Tomb of The Unknown Soldier, so just kept on walking back to the old town.
A wall clock not far from the restaurant that we had dinner at last night
We walked past the Royal Castle
and I recognised a wall area from when I was here in 2002, so we walked along that way for a while.

 Then we took a left into Freta, looking for a tourist info place , that we never did find. Turned around, once we got to the stairs that would have taken us down to the fountains below the old town
 and walked back the way we came and decided to have a cooling drink.  After paying, I asked the waiter if he knew where the memorial was. Yes, just around the corner and 1 block up that road at Krasiński Square.











Once we found that and took photos, we decided to head back to the hotel, where we arrived sometime between 2 and 3.  We arranged to meet at 6pm.

I had a quick shower & washed my hair, then ran a bath and soaked for about half an hour. 
Updated most of this and sorted the luggage out, as the bags go out at 6:15 tomorrow morning and we depart at 7:30 sharp.  So far, Anna hasn’t handed out the Insight bag.  Mind you, I haven’t seen her at all today, as she has been busy with the people doing the optionals.

Met Nicole down at the bar and we had a farewell drink to Warsaw.  Paid my room bill and back to my room to sort last minute things. In bed before 10:15pm.

Steps Walked                      18,719
Hotel: The Westin Warsaw

No comments:

Day 26 - Tour day 15 – Sunday 28 July 2019 - From Moscow to Canberra

Sunrise:         4:26am (I added the actual flight times after I wrote my notes.) I don’t know what time I woke up this morning the f...